Care home wash-basin was source of Legionella
A wash basin in a Reading Borough Council care home was the most likely source of Legionnaires’ disease that killed a 95-year-old man, an inquest heard. Lewis Payne, of Knights Way, Emmer Green, was staying in The Willows care home, in Hexham Road, Whitley, when he contracted Legionnaires’ pneumonia.
Pseudomonas bug found at South West Acute hospital
Pseudomonas has been found at the South West Acute hospital, the Western Health and Social Care Trust has confirmed.
A woman dies from Legionnaire's disease in Doncaster
A Doncaster woman has died from Legionnaire’s disease and a man is currently recovering from the condition, health officials have confirmed.
Legionnaire’s bug at Fitzrovia apartments stops showers for six months
Dozens of residents in a Fitzrovia apartment block have been left unable to take a shower for more than six months after its hot water system was contaminated by the deadly Legionnaire’s disease bug.
Legionella deep clean for West Exe Technology College
An Exeter school is undergoing deep cleaning after bacteria that can cause Legionnaires' disease was found in its water system.