Legionnaires' outbreak: Two more people have caught the diseaseCreated on Thursday, 21 June 2012 10:17
Another two people have caught Legionnaires’ in Edinburgh, bringing the total number of cases to 93.
There are now 47 confirmed cases, an increase of three from Wednesday, and 46 suspected cases. One of the confirmed cases was already recorded as a suspected case, while the other two are new.
On Thursday, the Scottish Government said the two people had been ill for "some time" and the outbreak is "under control".
Two people are in intensive care, 16 are on other wards and 47 have been discharged from hospital. The outbreak has killed two people, including 56-year-old Robert Air.
The source of the disease is yet to be confirmed but the investigation has concentrated on cooling towers in the south of the city.
Dr Duncan McCormick, consultant in public health medicine, said: "The number of confirmed cases of Legionnaire's disease in Lothian has risen by three in the last 24 hours. One of the suspected cases has now been confirmed.
"The other two new cases tie in with the incubation period and is in line with out expectation as the outbreak tails off. It is reassuring that the number of people who have recovered and been discharged continues to increase."
Nicola Sturgeon said: "These numbers continue to be in line with expectations and it is encouraging to see a further drop in the number of cases in intensive care. However, we must remember that these people remain critically ill and NHS Lothian continue to provide expert, round-the-clock care."